Skip to content

Messi reveals World Cup dream ahead of opening match against Saudi Arabia

Argentina captain, Lionel Messi, has revealed that the ongoing 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar will be his final appearance in the tournament.

Messi made the declaration in a pre-match conference ahead of Argentina’s World Cup opener against Saudi Arabia on Tuesday.

The 35-year-old helped Argentina lift the Copa America trophy last year.

“I have not done anything differently, I just took care of myself,” Messi said.

“I have worked as I have done throughout my entire career.

“This is a special moment, most likely my last World Cup. My last opportunity to make my dream, our dream, a reality.”

More Stories:

The 7-time Ballon d’Or winner took some time to react to rumours of him being injured ahead of Argentina’s first game. Messi dismissed “rumours” about his fitness and said he is ready to play at the World Cup in Qatar.

There have been speculations Messi has been missing some parts of training sessions due to an ankle injury.

But the Paris Saint-Germain superstar has insisted he will be ready to face Saudi Arabia on Tuesday.

“I’m feeling well. I am very well physically and I feel in good condition.

“There are no issues whatsoever. I heard there were rumours of having to miss part of training or be away from the team because of a blow. But it is nothing out of the ordinary,” Messi told a news conference on Monday.

Messi will be taking part in his fifth World Cup in Qatar and at 35, it could be his last chance to win the trophy.

For Goals Highlights at World Cup Qatar 2022 Click here

Read Also: Man Utd and Ronaldo reach agreement as Jorge Mendes plan surfaces

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *