Getting a POS terminal is considered by most business owners to be the first step towards a more modern and ultimately more automated way of handling your business. Not only do they make receiving payments from your customers a seamless and secure process, but they also offer proof of payment to make bookkeeping easy for your business. By adding one to your business, you also give your customers the ability to pay with their cards or make a transfer in the event they don’t have enough cash.
To get a Moniepoint POS, first, you need a Moniepoint business account. Click here to learn how to open one.
Now that you have a Moniepoint Business account, It’s time to learn how to get yourself a POS! With a Moniepoint POS, you can accept both transfers and card payments for your business easily and without stress.
Before you are allowed to get one, there are 3 important rules you need to know:
- You must understand that the POS is not yours to own forever and is only leased to you by Moniepoint.
- If you fail to process transactions of at least N20,000 daily, we consider you a low performer and will retrieve our POS.
- If we take back our POS and it’s still looking good and has no faults, your N10,000 caution fee will be paid back to you.
Now that you know the rules, let’s help you get your first POS.
To get started;
- First, log in to your business account and select the business you would like to get a POS terminal for.
- Your Moniepoint account must be funded with a minimum of N21,500.
- N10,000 is the caution fee, N10,000 is the logistics fee and N1500 is the insurance fee for a whole year.
- Click on the POS menu and then click on Request New POS.
- Fill in the requested information on the form and expect your terminal to be delivered to your doorstep within 2 working days.